The appointment of a safety supervisor is mandatory under Israeli law:
According to the regulations for safety at work in Israel, (Labor Inspection (Organization) and Regulations Law) it is mandatory for all companies employing more than 50 employees, and every building contractor, who himself, or through a subcontractor employs 100 employees or more simultaneously on a number of building sites, to appoint a safety supervisor
The safety supervisor should be an experienced professional who has taken a qualified supervisor’s course and has undergone extensive training in his field He must be in possession of a valid certificate from the Senior Works Supervisor. The qualification certification must be renewed every three years.
Main elements of the Safety Supervisor position
- Identification of safety hazards in the workplace and notification to employers.
- Ensuring that the safety conditions in the workplace, installations, equipment and so forth, meet the requirements of the law, and raising of a red flag when this is not the case.
- Ensuring that management takes all steps required to reduce the risks in the workplace. Notification to the employer and the management of any breach of safety instructions by employees.
- Ensuring that the safety shortcomings are put right and regulations updated accordingly.
- Establishment and implementation of an annual program for safety management in the workplace.
- Determining arrangements that ensure compliance with appropriate safety conditions when working with subcontractor
Safety Pro’s safety supervisors have undergone all the required courses and training to ensure that they are qualified for the job at hand
We work with the most professional safety supervisors in Israel, that have extensive experience in the construction, infrastructures and energy industries to ensure that our client’s projects are in good hands.